Thursday, February 11, 2016

Are You Creating A Life Giving Home?

Life Giving Homes


 I used to obsess about my home and everything in it. I thought if I had a well decorated home and everything in it's place, it would create a loving peaceful environment. I struggled with this idea for many years. I would buy things to decorate to create this perfect home I had in visioned. I think it was based off something I seen in a magazine or something. I constantly compared my home to others. 
 No matter what I bought or how well put together our home was, I was never content. I was left exhausted, crabby, and distracted. In fact, I didn't even like my home! 

 During these years, our home lacked a lot of PEACE and JOY. I felt discontent and I was hard to be around at times.


 You see, I was searching for something that was there all along! I was the key to building the home I longed for. It's not the things we have that make our home. YOU make your home!

 God convicted me of these things, and it was a huge break through!
  
 In order to create a Life Giving home as women we need to:


  • Make Jesus the center of our home
  • Be LOVING, KIND, and PATIENT 
  • Be RELIABLE and DEPENDABLE
  • Use our TIME wisely 
  • Be CONTENT
  • PRAY

  I pray that we will become women who honor God. May this bless the home you long to create!!


                                                                  BLESSINGS,

                                                                         Tara-Lyn  





2 comments:

  1. Tara, this is so true! As the saying goes, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Our attitudes set the tone of our homes. I used to obsess over having the perfectly decorated home by trying to copy what I saw in magazines or on Pinterest, but happiness can't be found in a magazine picture only in Christ! ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Jesus should be the center of our home. I'm so glad I know where to find my happiness now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...