Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Choosing Joy In The Midst Of It All

 The days are so long, and there is still so much to do...


 This week has felt that way in our home. My days are normally busy during the week with school runs, activities, chores, and everything else. However, it seems like from time to time the kids all have something more going on at the same time.    

 Our oldest daughter is in the performing arts and has 2 evening performances this week. Our son is playing basketball this season and has an extra game this week. I find myself rushing from place to place and feeling stretched thin. 

 Mamas, I know you can relate. It is so easy to get irritated and grow weary during these times. The truth is. There will always be busier times in our lives. It is how you handle those times... 

 Yesterday, I did a lot more running around and errands and rushed to get to my son's game in time. By evening, I just wanted to lay my head down on my pillow. Instead, My oldest daughter asked for my help in making her costume. I thought to myself, Really? It's the night before your performance and you want to put your costume together now. That is teenagers for you! 





 I could of gotten upset with her, but I made the choice to find JOY in the situation. Instead, God used this time for my 2 girls to work together to make the costume. All he wanted me to do was be still and enjoy the moment. I'm so glad I did! I couldn't help but think how blessed I am to be their mother. My heart ended up being full...




 My oldest daughter is a Junior in high school. These precious moments won't last forever. I choose to find the joy in whatever circumstances come my way! Mamas, We have a daily choice. Will you choose Joy? This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24 I pray that you are able to see the many blessings in your life. Always Choose JOY!!

                      
                                    ~ Tara-Lyn           


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...