Thursday, March 17, 2016

Don't Be Like Eve


Hi Friends!

Today Kayla Housley, from Lace, Superheroes, & Life will be sharing with us on Marriage! I hope she encourages you in places you never imagined. Thanks again Kayla! You can find out more about Kayla in her Bio below...

Don’t Be Like Eve




Eve had the perfect marriage. There was no shame or jealousy. She was Adam’s companion and helper. So why should I not be like her, you ask? She fell into temptation and disobeyed God. She also led her husband into disobeying God.
          We face temptations every day as we go through our lives. Some temptations are small like that candy bar that’s been sitting in your desk drawer, but there are also bigger temptations like the attractive man/woman at your office. Some temptations can ruin a marriage. I’ve had problems with keeping my husband away from the temptations of dating sites.
          The only way to keep yourself from getting in trouble in life and marriage is by staying away from temptation. Don’t put yourself in a situation where you would even be tempted to cheat, lie, steal, or eat that candy bar. Temptations cause the destruction of marriage. When you think its innocent to just browse a dating website, your wife may not think it’s quite so innocent. You can try to justify it by telling yourself that you would never cheat on your spouse, but you don’t know what you would do if you were put in a situation. You may end up surprising yourself.

          When my husband and I found God again, we also got rid of a lot of temptations that were causing trouble in our marriage. We have been more united than ever. If you keep God first, he will keep the temptations at bay. Don’t let Satan come in to your life and ruin all things you hold dear. Eve did, and caused all of her daughters to have painful experiences when dealing with child birth. Her husband followed her example and now every man has to work hard and get their hands dirty to get what they need to survive. Don’t be like Eve. Be obedient towards God and your husband. Don’t try to lead your marriage, follow your husband. He should be the leader. Rebuke Satan and stay away from temptations. 




Bio: I’m Kayla Housley. I’m a 26-year old mom of two boys and wife to the best husband ever. I’m the owner of the Christian blog Lace, Superheroes, and Life. I love God, Bible journaling, spending time with my family, and sweet tea. I’m also a Netflixaholic. I’m a full-time stay at home mom from Memphis, Tennessee.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...