Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Building a Firm Foundation

 Foundations




 I decided to do a mother-daughter Bible study with my youngest. She is 9 years old and is changing before my eyes. We are approaching the tween years! 

 I really wanted to use this time to connect and open conversation based on God's word. We read, memorize scripture, and just enjoy our time together. 

 It is so important to set a firm foundation for your children.

 So I took a trip to a Christian book store. They had so many books to choose from. I really wanted something to focus on her heart. 

 I found the perfect book " A Girl After God's Own Heart." 
By: Elizabeth George. I have also read many of her books and have truly been blessed by her.

The Topics include:

1. My Heart
2. My Space
3. My parents
4. My family
5. my School
6. My Friends
7. My Church
8. My Self
9. My Time
10. My Adventures with Jesus


 These are all great areas to teach your daughters on. This book is filled with so much fun, scriptures, questions, and prayers. 

 My daughter looks forward to opening this book each night!

 What are you doing to help build your daughter's firm foundation in God? There are so many ways to do this. I would love to know more..








   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...