Saturday, April 9, 2016

Are You Dating Your Husband?


Date Your Husband


 Years ago I heard this question " Are you dating your husband?" I honestly wasn't sure what that even meant. How do you date someone your already married to?

  As the years went on, I heard this question more and more. So I decided to look into it. It started to make sense, however if I had to answer the question at that time. I would of had to say NO! I was married and had children and to be honest I had gotten so caught up into a routine that didn't allow me to date my husband! I was caught up in the everyday To-Do list that I didn't have time for anything else.

 I had the house clean, meals on the table, and the children were taken care of. So my marriage was good!

 Last year, my husband and I went to a " Love Worth Fighting For" marriage event with Kirk Cameron. I have to say, that night changed my whole view on marriage. For the first time, I understood the true meaning of "Marriage."  " A man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh." Genesis 2:24 

 Kirk, asks the question " Do you want an alright marriage, or do you want the best marriage God has for you?" I knew I wanted a marriage that honored God, and I knew we weren't one flesh. I felt convicted that night in a good way! Changes had to happen, even if they were uncomfortable.

 I started praying that God would give me the Wisdom and Guidance in my marriage that I needed.

 That is when, I started DATING my husband. God changed my heart and revealed many things that I was not aware of . My children were my top priority and that had to change.



 Dating My Husband Looks Like This

 

 1. Marriage is my 2nd Priority: My relationship with God is my Top priority. My marriage follows          after.

2. Regular Date Night: I make sure to have regular date nights. This is very important to keep a solid     one-on-one connection with my husband. 

3. Flirting: I make it a point to flirt with my husband whenever I can. This can be a text, love letter,         or simply sweet comments.

4. Fun: I make sure not to forget to have fun in our marriage. We joke around a lot, laugh, and some    of our dates are spontaneous which makes it a lot of fun!

5. 3 Things: Everyday we share 3 things that happened in our day and how it made us feel. This        has encouraged us so much! Some people call it : Couch Time

6. Marriage check -in: At the end of each week, we rate our marriage from 1-10. We talk about why       we chose that number and openly discuss ways to improve our marriage. This has absolutely               been great for our marriage!


 No matter how long you have been married, I encourage you to date your Husband!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...