Sunday, April 10, 2016

When Friendship Hurts




 As far as I can remember, it all goes back to Elementary School. Little girls playing on the playground and all of a sudden someone's Feelings are hurt!

 Nothing has changed much today, my daughter's have come home in tears at times because of their friendships. 

 If I'm being honest here, even as grown women we are still those little girls on the playground.

 Ladies, the truth is we live in a fallen world. We all will have trials in our friendships. You will have your heartbroken, you will be betrayed, and you will loose some dear friends in the process.

 It's what we do when these trials occur. I know in my own friendships I haven't always been in a place where I was able to forgive and move past the hurt! 

 Over the past years, I have learned a lot in my friendships.


1. Some Friends are only for a certain season. Some people come into our lives for a very short time and that's alright. Focus on what you may have learned in that time frame and hold on to it! I'm sure you have many great memories.

2. We all get Busy. As women, we have our hands full with our families. If your friends aren't meeting your expectations, and aren't able to hang out and talk as much as you would like. Show them Grace and ask if they need anything? Most of the time, they are just overwhelmed. Try not to take it personal.

3. Be Honest. Try and be as honest a you can be in your friendships. This will build trust and your friends will be able to confide in you at all times!

4. Say Sorry. When you know you messed up, learn to apologize. As women, we have so much pride. It's easier to justify ourselves, rather then just say " I'm sorry". Be the first to admit when your wrong.

5. Forgive. We should be forgiving each other even when it's hard. Circumstances may change the friendship, but holding on will only cause bitterness and it will destroy YOU!

6. Show Grace . You can choose Grace in any circumstance. A strong friendship based on grace will almost always excel. The choice is yours. The questions is, will you choose Grace? 



 I hope this has encouraged you in your Friendships. 


    

   

   

3 comments:

  1. Some great tips! I so emphasize with this because I have had many problems with friends a little girl and even more as an adult. It can be hard. Glad to know I'm not alone! <3 - Kathryn @ Singing Through the Rain

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...