Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Healthy Routines


 We just bought our first home! We recently just moved in and things have been hectic trying to unpack and get situated. Our home is much bigger than our last, so I knew I would have to make some changes.

 I have been trying to establish healthy routines, which means I need to be disciplined in order to achieve them.

 I used to sleep in until I absolutely knew I  had to getup. I would hurry to cook breakfast and pour the coffee. If I was lucky, I would have just enough time to read our Marriage devotional and pray with my husband before he left for work. I rushed to pack lunches and hurry the kids out of the house to make it to school on time. Can I just say, that is no way to start your day!

 I was always in a hurry and that my friends, equals an Irritable Mama. 

 I knew it was time to make the changes I desperately needed in order to establish healthy routines. I want to be more focused, energized, and well balanced.

                   Is there something you can start doing in order to achieve healthy routines?



 Here is what my days are starting to look like:






Morning Routine:  

 Wake up Earlier 
 Spend time in the Word & Prayer
 Make Breakfast
 Marriage Devotional & Prayer with my Husband
 Wake kids up and get them off to School
 Start a load of Laundry
 Put clean dishes Away
 Gym Time

 I feel like these are all so important in order to start the day for success. When you are pressed for time, something is bound to get left out!






Evening Routine:

   Prep dinner Earlier
   Clean up as I Cook
   Wash dishes after Dinner 
   Wipe counters down & Shine Sink
   Make Lunches for the next Day
   Lay clothes out for the next Day
   15 minute Clean-up
   Make a To-Do list for the next Day


 I hope this encourages to really think about your days. If there is one change you could incorporate to make your day run ore smoothly, what would it be? Please comment below, I would love to help encourage you friends! 


     
    
     
  





                     



      

2 comments:

  1. Routines have been the most important habit for me to establish as a SAHM. Getting as much done the night before is a huge help to a smooth morning. I hope you are getting settled nicely into your new home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...