Friday, May 13, 2016

Lately, I have had this Uneasy Feeling




 Lately, I have had this uneasy feeling. 

  To be Honest, I feel like I lost my Joy! 

 Yesterday, I asked the kids while driving home if I had changed over the past years. It was a hard question to ask, because deep down I already knew the answer. I tried to remember back to a time when I was truly happy. 

 So, I asked if they remembered the MOM I was 9 years ago.  


 My son said, I remember you were a lot calmer and relaxed and you seemed happier mom. Tears filled my eyes because I remembered and longed to fill that way again. Then he said " Your so worried all the time, in a hurry, and moody."  Mom you just need to go with the flow!

 He is right. I'm worried all the time about nothing! I feel like a Martha, but I long to be a Mary.

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one." Luke 10:41



 Most of the time I feel like Life is passing me by.....


 There is always so much to do and so little time. I'm not meant to do it all, but yet I still try. 
I have come to a point where I know change is needed. I can no longer keep going on this way. It's effecting my health, relationships, and who God has called me to be. 

 I know that True Joy and Happiness only comes from the Lord.  "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11

So, I have decides to strive to be more like Mary! "She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said." 10:39

I will have to create new boundaries where my schedule isn't overflowing, Use my time wisely, creating boundaries, and take the time to sit at the Lord's Feet! 


 Are you more of a Martha or Mary? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...