Wednesday, February 17, 2016

How to train up your child God's way

Training up a child God's way can seem difficult almost like you have to know what to do, when a crisis happens, or when your children acts up or even rebels. I'm here to tell you, you don't need to know ANY answers! 




The scriptures says in Proverbs 22:6- "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."

What I love and hate about this scripture is the fact that number one it says to train your child in the way he should go... I don't even know what way that is... Then it goes on to say that ...even when he is old he will not depart from it. Then the fact that the way he goes, when he gets older he won't depart from it.

That kind of puts pressure on me as a parent and even a parent of three children, I have to train ALL three children and make sure they don't depart from the training I gave them.

So here's the thing... You don't need to know what the training is, to the point that he won't depart from it.  Give all of that to God. God knows which way YOUR children needs to go so that child won't depart from it.

The thing is, God wants you to depend on him for EVERYTHING! Even when it comes to your children. He wants to guide you to even how to care for them the right way. God loves our children more than we do. He actually knows what is best for our children more than me do.

So, because God knows what is best, I rest in the fact that I won't know everything concerning my children, I can go to God for that direction. I don't need to have all the answers. I can depend on God to lead and Guide me, because at the end of the day, He knows more than I do!

~Trista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...