Monday, February 22, 2016

Love Languages


 Are you loving your children according to their LOVE language? 



I always assumed there was only one way to show love...


  A couple years ago I stumbled across "The Five Love Languages For Children"  by Gary Chapman. I was taken back by the title. It seemed interesting enough, so I purchased it.


 I began reading it, and couldn't believe there were 5 Love languages. "Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Quality Time." I immediately felt guilt. What if my children aren't feeling loved because I'm loving them my way? 




 I began observing each of my children and how they responded when I experimented with the 5 Love languages. It took awhile, however I was able to determine and confirm each of their love languages. 


My oldest daughter's Love language is "Words of Affirmation." She seeks verbal approval, shares her heart, and smiles when I tell her how "proud I am of her".  This is a powerful way to show love. She needs encouragement, affection, and praise. This nurtures a child's sense of worth. 


 My son's Love language is "Physical Touch." He likes to lay across my lap and ask for a back rub ( Yes, still at 15 years old.), hugging, and he plays a lot of contact sports. This love gives a sense of natural security. He needs to be hugged, wrestle with dad, and get back rubs from mom.


My youngest daughter's Love language is "Physical Touch" & "Words of Affirmation." She is very affectionate, smiles when I praise her, and loves to cuddle. Both fill her heart! She needs to feel a sense of security and encouragement. She needs cuddling, hugs, and praise.

 This book blessed me beyond words. Now, I intentionally Love my children in a way that fills their Love Tank!  I am secure in knowing, they feel loved.



 Are you loving your children according to their love language?

 Here are some ways to love your child using the 5 Love languages:



Words Of Affirmation: Verbally affirm them, Write cards, Give them a nickname.


Physical Touch: Sit close together, Hold hands, Play Twister. Hug, Cuddle, Wrestle.


Receiving Gifts: Gift bag, Special lasting gift, Coupon book, Surprise treat.


Acts of Service:  Tie their shoes, Show hospitality, Practice sports with them.


Quality Time:  Plan a date, Eat together, Take a walk, Create traditions. 


I Hope this encourages you in a new way. Pick up a copy of "The Five Love Languages For Children," to learn more. Unconditional love carries the most powerful messages.  


                                                                    
                                                                       ~ Tara-Lyn









    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...