Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Mom, Are you taking care of yourself?

 Are You Taking Care Of  Yourself???

 As women we wear many different hats. Our days are long and our minds are full of clutter. We're sleep deprived and go through our days on autopilot. We are weary, yet we still push through the days with a smile. We have a responsibility to take care of others physically and emotionally. MOTHERHOOD is 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, without a day off. 




 I know for most of you, guilt plays a role in taking time for yourself.  Mama, please don't feel guilty for taking time for yourself. Time, may play a huge part in your decision not to take the time to refuel.  Mama, please make the time to nourish your mind and soul. You deserve it, and everyone around you will benefit as well. 


 You may need to consider what fills you up and nourishes your mind and soul. Some of you know exactly what it is, you just need to make the choice to do it.  Others, may need to dig deep and try some new things. 




Will you choose to invest in yourself TODAY ?

 Here are some ideas :

  • Read a book
  • Take a walk
  • Have lunch with a friend
  • Paint
  • Craft
  • Pray
  • Journal
  • Take a nap
  • Go for a drive
  • Get a massage
  • Exercise
  • Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee


  I hope this encourages you to dig deep and realize how important you are mama. You are worth taking the time to care for yourself! 

                                  
                                                                          God Bless You,

                                                                                   Tara-Lyn  






3 comments:

  1. My most luxurious thing is to read a book and take a nap (in that order). But sometimes, the best thing is for me to get up and clean, or meet a friend out in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before becoming a wife and mom, reading a good book with a hot drink was favorite past time. I don't seem to have time these days, but this is a reminder that I need to make time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remind myself this every single day. For years I was so hard on myself, I never allowed myself to rest! Now, I know better. :) Every mom needs to rest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...